Do you accept insurance?
We currently only accept out of network insurance plans. What this means is that you pay for the services up front and each month, you will receive an reimbursement from your insurance provider, which is based upon their reimbursement rate. The process is simple: you call your insurance plan and Ask your provider, "what is your reimbursement rate for out of network procedure code 90834?". If you are looking for couples counseling ask them, "what is your reimbursement rate for out of network procedure code 90847?". Some plans, typically HMO plans, won't fund out-of-network care.
We are happy to provide you with receipts that include all the detailed codes required by insurers. Psychotherapy is also typically covered by pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) or Health Spending Accounts (HSAs).
Our fees start at $120 per 50-minute session.
Do you only work with individuals with African Diaspora lineage?
No. While our primary focus is on providing a safe place for the BIPOC identifying people, we are open to work with all people as well. We recognize that it is important to work through the trauma and realities faced by those which BIPOC lineage and to provide affirming practices that support their growth and emotional development.
What are your therapeutic specialities?
Each of the providers are licensed clinical social workers, all trained and experienced in delivering several modalities of therapy. We collectively have over 20 years of experience working with individuals, families and community. What we all ascribe to is a mindful, relative, and culturally responsive approach that understands everyone’s process and ways to provide them with the best support to meet their needs and objectives.
We want to support you!! Here are some questions that you can ask your provider so that you can get the process started with us or anyone.
- Do I have out-of-network mental health (or behavioral health) benefits?
- What is my out-of-network deductible, if any?
- Has my out-of-network deductible been met yet by other medical expenses?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- When will I have to submit my superbill and when will reimbursements be released to me?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval from my primary care physician required?
If you have anymore questions or concerns, please reach out to us at our email.